Welcome

I am pleased to welcome you to my personal blog, which I started in March 2009. I first became interested in blogging about five years ago, using old "blogger.com", which was cumbersome to use and I never mastered. About a year ago I discovered that Google had bought "blogger.com" and had revised it considerably, making it fun to use, so much so that I have devised at least 15 blogs on various subjects and frequently add posts and Gadgets to them.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

William T. Johnson and Future Businss Leaders of America


At the weekly meeting of the Washington Kiwanis Club today I introduced as speaker the advisor to the local chapter of FBLA, Future Business Leaders of America. Ms. Tonya Morgan introduced her associate, Ms. Harkins, and two students, Hannah McTier and Britney Guin, who will attend the national conference in Anaheim, CA, next summer. From their remarks and what I had already learned, FBLA is a very large national organization with more than a quarter million members and organized to serve persons from the fifth grade to their death. The image above was seen at the state conference in March. Among the organization's purposes is to make students confident of themselves.  The three parts of FBLA include the Middle Section for students from grade 5 to grade 12, the Phi Beta Lambda Section for students from grade 10 through graduate school, and the Professional Section for people who have graduated college and are in professions.

No comments:

Post a Comment