Welcome

I am pleased to welcome you to my personal blog, which I started in March 2009. I first became interested in blogging about five years ago, using old "blogger.com", which was cumbersome to use and I never mastered. About a year ago I discovered that Google had bought "blogger.com" and had revised it considerably, making it fun to use, so much so that I have devised at least 15 blogs on various subjects and frequently add posts and Gadgets to them.

Monday, April 27, 2009

William T. Johnson at the Longs' Campground





The extended Long family, including my long-time friends Bobby and John Albert, owns or controls a former Methodist campground in Franklin County, Poplar Springs Campground. The day after my nephew Jim's wedding in Clayton in July 2006, Albert and I were driving back to Washington and decided to stop for a visit with the family at the campground. The campground is made up of a large number of unpainted houses (shacks) known as tents, without electricity or plumbing. I had seen similar campgrounds, but this one was alive with young people and older people, about to have lunch and play games. We were invited to have lunch and spend the night. I welcomed the lunch but drew the line at returning to nature on so little notice. Here are some of the pictures I took during our two hours there.

1 comment:

  1. Great preview of our nCampground William. I have been going there since I was 6 years old. My Uncle , Allan Phillips was a Methodist minister and we started going there in his tent in the late 40's. It has been a guiding light for me spiritually over the years and a place where I get recharged every year. albert has not been as dedicated to going as i have but he still comes there occassionally. Thnks you for putting these on your site. Your long time morse code friend Bobby Long.

    ReplyDelete