Welcome

I am pleased to welcome you to my personal blog, which I started in March 2009. I first became interested in blogging about five years ago, using old "blogger.com", which was cumbersome to use and I never mastered. About a year ago I discovered that Google had bought "blogger.com" and had revised it considerably, making it fun to use, so much so that I have devised at least 15 blogs on various subjects and frequently add posts and Gadgets to them.

Friday, April 17, 2009

William T. Johnson at the Patron's Luncheon


Last Thursday, since I had been invited to the Patron's Luncheon for the purpose of meeting the recipient of my scholarship fund, Patty drove the two of us over to Clinton, SC. We went to the Administration building to freshen up & met Harry Workman. Harry rode with us to the President's house where the luncheon was being held. While we waited for lunch, Katie introduced herself to me (she already knew Patty from her work at the library). I knew a few people there, including John Griffith, the president; Harry Workman, the college representative; and a few others. After a lunch of fruit and salad, John had some remarks and introduced two prominent students who had received aid and were going on to bigger and better things. Harry went to get the car and we left, visiting the building bearing mine and Louise's names and touring Clinton a little bit before our drive home. A very pleasant day.

2 comments:

  1. I admire you so much, it really does sounds like a lovely day, thanks for sharing it.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty girl!! Are you standing in front of Louise's building? I remember that was a great day when Mama, Daddy and us kids went to see you honored and the building dedicated.

    ReplyDelete