Welcome

I am pleased to welcome you to my personal blog, which I started in March 2009. I first became interested in blogging about five years ago, using old "blogger.com", which was cumbersome to use and I never mastered. About a year ago I discovered that Google had bought "blogger.com" and had revised it considerably, making it fun to use, so much so that I have devised at least 15 blogs on various subjects and frequently add posts and Gadgets to them.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

William T. Johnson's Aunts and Uncles



During the '30s and early '40s my memories of Christmas Day always include a reunion of the extended W.T. Johnson family, always at the home of Mamie Smith Johnson with dinner at Hotel Johnson across the alley. This is one of many pictures taken on Dec 25, 1941, across E. Robert Toombs Ave. from the Johnson house. The picture shows Mrs. Johnson ("Mama" to me) with eight of her nine children in front of the Green-Pignatel house (about where Fievet's Pharmacy is located today). Shown are: L to R, Front row: Christine "Tina" Johnson Sims, Louise Johnson Norman, Mama, Rhetta Johnson Gresham, and Aileen Johnson Reynolds; back row: William Lloyd Johnson, Raymond Rochford Johnson, Hillyer Harris Johnson, and William Theophilus Johnson, Jr."Buck" [my father]. The youngest daughter, Frances Johnson Daniel, was not present.

No comments:

Post a Comment