Welcome

I am pleased to welcome you to my personal blog, which I started in March 2009. I first became interested in blogging about five years ago, using old "blogger.com", which was cumbersome to use and I never mastered. About a year ago I discovered that Google had bought "blogger.com" and had revised it considerably, making it fun to use, so much so that I have devised at least 15 blogs on various subjects and frequently add posts and Gadgets to them.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Solar-Aid in Tanzania

This is a blog-post I found this morning, published by Solar-Aid, a non-profit organization devoted to providing electricity to remote homes and villages off-the-grid in Africa.

By Anna on January 30, 2009 2:49 PM
| Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)
SolarAid Tanzania's office in Dar es Salaam is now home to a rural solar village...painting!

A local Tinga Tinga (Tanzanian style) artist has produced a village scene where solar power provides the village's electricity needs.


Have a close look at this wonderful and intricate painting. Among traditional village activities you can see people using microsolar to play their radios, macrosolar servicing a clinic and school, a solar-powered water pump and local business people using solar to make money by charging mobile phones. It's great to see what solar can do for a village!

If you feel as inspired by the work SolarAid is doing as this local Tanzanian artist was, then please support us today.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment