You can watch it online here. Answers in Genesis is a creationist ministry, and that worldview is certainly the centerpoint of their address; but no matter what beliefs you hold about evolution and creation, you’ll find some of the research results fascinating.
Among 20- to 29-year-old evangelicals:
- 95% attended church regularly during elementary school
- 95% attended church regularly during middle school
- >> 40% first had doubts about the Bible in middle school
- 55% attended church regularly during high school
- >> 43.7% first had doubts about the Bible in high school
- 11% attended church regularly during college
- >> 10% first had doubts about the Bible in college
- to not believe that all the accounts and stories in the Bible are true
- to doubt the Bible because it was written by men
- to defend keeping abortion legal
- to accept the legalization of gay marriage
- to believe in evolution
- to believe that good people don’t need to go to church
Kent’s post has some good thoughts and questions about these numbers. What do you think? Are these numbers a surprise to you?